About this episode
Listen in as five marriage blogger husbands answer the question, “Why is sex important?”
Our episode features the following:
- Paul Byerly, The Generous Husband and The XY Code
- Scott Means, Heaven Made Marriage
- Brad Aldrich, One Flesh Marriage
- Tom Walter, The Romantic Vineyard
- Doug Taylor, Big Guy from The Forgiven Wife
After their conversation, Bonny, Gaye, J, and Chris chat about what the guys had to say.
Listen to the episode
From the Bible
What does God have to say about sex? A lot!
Song of Songs, Chapters 1-8
1 Corinthians 7:1-5, Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.
- Shaunti Feldhahn, This particular feeling is EXCRUCIATING for men
- Bonny’s OysterBed7, Why Sex?
- “What Could He Be Thinking?,” by Dr. Michael Gurian
- Hot, Holy & Humorous, You Would If You Loved Me! (guest post by Paul Byerly)